Course Set Up
Setup course is on the Saturday before a race meeting and will be at the venue from 1 pm sharp all members support is needed.
Scrutineering of boats Saturday from 2-5pm, for more information visit scrutineering.
Warning: if only a few members help, the races for the following day have of high chance of being delayed.
VDBC Race Day
All boats must be at the venue by 8:00 am no late entries unless prior notice is given by the President or Race Director.
BBQ Breakfast - The VDBC will supply a bacon and eggs breakfast for all early members and supporters.
Driver Briefing - 9:30 am Sharp. All drivers and crew members to attend, Do not wait to be called.
Non Attendance = No Racing.
Qualifying - 10:00 - 10:15 am Racing to start (unless delayed).
All bracket class boats are to have their boats in the water preferably before drivers briefing.
All other boats are to be ready when called.
Lunch - 1:00 to 1:30 pm BBQ available.
Eliminations - 2:00 pm sharp.
2nd chance draw - If time permitting, will run after Elimination Finals racing.
5:00 pm all race boats are to be out of the water.
Pack up Course - After Eliminations Finals or after 2nd chance draw.
All racers are to support and help pack up all equipment, this is not a committee-only responsibility,
any non race members we also ask for your support, many hands make light work.
Presentations - 6:00 pm sharp around tower area.
VDBC Yella Terra Cup
- A. The Yella Terra Cup is open to any displacement class boat.
- B. Only displacement class boat owners who have paid the Yella Terra Cup entry fee will be
eligible to run for the Yella Terra Cup.
- C. The Yella Terra Cup will be run at a date to be confirmed.
- D. Late entries will attract an extra fee of $50 over the above nominated entry fee.
- I. All boats must be prepared and ready to start at 10am.
- II. Each boat ⁄ team must be ready to race when called.
- III. No tow money will be paid.
- IV. No boat will be allowed to break 8 second ET without a capsule.
V. All boats & racers must comply with VDBC racing rules:
Download PDF: VDBC Racing Rules
VI. The club will supply methanol for those who request it. If methanol is required you must let the club know
when entering for the event.
- VII. Only the winner of the Yella Terra Cup will receive prize money for the Race.
Back to Top
VDBC Bill Davis Memorial Trophy
- A. Any Hydro Boat is eligible to run for the Bill Davis Memorial Trophy.
B. Only Hydro Boat owners who have paid the Bill Davis Memorial Trophy entry fee will be eligible to
run for the Bill Davis Memorial Trophy.
- C. The Bill Davis Memorial Trophy will be run at a 2018 date to be confirmed.
- D. For prize money to be available appropriate entry fees must be paid before Race Day.
- E. Late entries attract an extra $50 over the above nominated entry fee.
- I. All boat must be prepared and ready to start at 10am.
- II. Heads up racing in Eliminations & Finals.
- III. Winners must run and complete the Final Race.
- IV. Each boat ⁄ team must be ready to race when called.
- V. No tow monies will be paid
- VI. All boats are to strive for no. 1 qualifier position within the allocated time.
- VII. All boats & racers must comply with VDBC racing rules.
VIII. The club will supply methanol for those who request it.
If methanol is required you must let the club know when entering for the event.
- IX. Only the winner of the Bill Davis Memorial Trophy will receive prize money for the Race.
Back to Top
VDBC Bracket Class
Bracket classes consist of 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 sec, Dial your own (14 sec and slower),
Young Stars (Junior classes).
8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 sec, Dial your own (14 sec and slower) and Young Stars (J1, J2, J3) class Boats will only pay
the normal entry fee per race event.
Each bracket boat must be prepared to qualify for a nominated class on any Race Day, you must maintain that class for all 3 races.
- You must choose the correct class.
A winner of the National High Points race season in each class will be decided on points accumulated across all three events.
All bracket class boats must pay their entry fees 7 days prior to each event.
- Late entry fees attract $50 over and above the standard entry fee.
No prize monies will be allocated to a class if there is not a constituted class
(minimum of 2 boats per class) or the entry was for one day only.
- a. 100% of support from members is requested.
- b. Race entries towards each event must be paid by the due dates.
- c. Gate entry is $10 per person over the age of 16 for all personnel that are not members of the club.
- d. All race boat entries and drivers must be a Club Member ( insurance purposes ).
- e. All race boat owners are fully responsible for crews and drivers.
- f. All crews and drivers are to show full professional sportsmanship.
- g. All crews and drivers are to follow directions given by the race director.
h. All boat owners and drivers must have their log books and a copy of 2017 Rule Book.
Download PDF: VDBC Racing Rules see above link.
- i. Full support for setup & pack up on each day is requested from all members and boat teams.
- j. All racers must have a current Boat License ( must be sighted at scrutineering ).
- k. All boats are to be registered with a relevant State Government Body ( proof required ).
- l. All drivers must pass the Alcohol Breath Test.
- m. The VDBC Rule Book applies to all VDBC Racing events.
Back to Top
If you wish to race, the entry fee of $100 needs to be deposited into the club’s bank account by midnight on the Tuesday before the race event.
A reminder text message including the club’s bank details will be sent to all known drivers in the weeks prior to this date.
If you do not receive a text message, please contact Carly Day at 0422 713 005 via text to register your details with the club.
Any entry payments paid after midnight of the Tuesday before the race event will incur a penalty fee of $20, entry fees paid on race day will
also include the late payment fee of $20.
Victorian Drag Boat Club
BSB: 633 000
Account Number: 134817790
Back to Top
- The Club’s Policy for the National Title Race Days will have the following refund policy.
1) If weather conditions result in cancellation on any particular race day, the paid entry fee
will be held for the next scheduled Race Day.
2) No refund claim can be made within 7 days prior to any Race Day. However, will still carry
it towards the next day event.
3) Broken boats do not qualify for refund. ( No Exceptions ).
4) Any other type of refund will be considered, case by case, with a majority vote from the Club’s Committee.